Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tiger Dreams


He said that the Tiger is here. There is no turning back.


What does that even mean?

I had a dream about a Tiger. He had come to me due to circumstances that I had nothing to do with and suddenly I found myself to be the only one that would take in this Tiger.

He needed my help and I had no real reason not to help him other than he is a completely overwhelming beast with power beyond what I can comprehend physically speaking but hey, that doesn't stop me. Sure, of course I can help.
He was fairly young but he was wise and respectful. He kept his power in check and he made every effort not to overwhelm anyone. I felt absolutely no fear of him at all, none, but I did feel concerned about others. For example, I was afraid that my cats might get into his room and then he would kill them due to his instinct. So what this brought up was that I would be the keeper of this huge and amazing power of nature and make sure his instinct was always in check so he didn't hurt anyone.


He trusted me, he depended on me for his survival in this world. He could not remain as a Tiger in this world without me yet he was so much more powerful and mighty than anything I have ever encountered. I had to keep this savage beast in check. Being a savage beast isn’t as it seems. His instinct is predatory due to the conditions of his body yet he is no different than me in many ways.

So, I accepted him as part of my life and it made me realize how much more attention that I must pay to each moment because his presence creates a great deal of very focused tasks that must be addressed systematically day after day. I do not want this mighty beast locked up in the back room, bored and lonely, sleeping in his own waste and pining away. That is not life. He is alive and I need to give him loving attention. I really saw that I would have to be ever vigilant always ready to deal with the enormity of this living power. A Tiger! For God’s Sake it’s a Tiger. It’s my Tiger now. But he also owns me. I am to give him access to this ‘civilised’ world.

The dream implied that this was part of the deal - the deal - it was a deal that I had accepted the minute that I took his leash.

Thinking and feeling not separated. In this animal there is no separation there is just now and everything is one thing. From moment to moment, thoughts, feelings, physical sensations, each life experience just flows into one thing - him - it is all him.

He looks at me like I am him. He has accepted me as part of what he is now and I can see that he does not perceive all things in this way. This is why I must look out - to be sure he does not destroy what he does not accept as being part of the ‘rightness’ of his world.

I hold the leash to all this power. It is only in my mind that I can control this. Both he and I know that if I do not meet the mental challenges of his power that he will do whatever his instinct will encourage him to do. I have to come up with a convincing set of reasons for an animal such as he to counter act on his entirely predatory nature. He does not seek to kill my loved ones. I am supposed to constantly provide him with good reasons not to.

Yes, I hold his leash. I have taken it, accepted it. That is done. There is no one to hand it back to.

What am I to do now?

I am to pay attention to the Tiger. I am to take the Tiger out of the room he’s been in. 
He is my companion. Constant companion.

Dear God! You must help me! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment